Skip to main content

"Our daughters are like cornerstones, crafted in palatial form."

My daughter is moving today. Close to three weeks a married woman, she and her beloved are setting off about 12 hours from my home to establish their home. This morning as I woke up she was who I saw in my mind's eye and she is to whom my thoughts turned and my heart was full of words and love that I want to share with her as she embarks on one of the greatest journeys of her life.

My daughter, you are my daughter. This means you come from a long line of kick ass women. Never forget who you are.

You are the granddaughter of Dawn Ann and Carmen Lydia. You are the Great granddaughter of Mercedes, Inez and Blanche. You are the great-great granddaughter of Maria de los Angeles. You are the daughter of Sarah, Rivka, Rachel and Leah and a child of Chava. All strong women, all wise women, and all of which you carry a spark of inside of you.

Inside of you are the generations of women, strong and brave, tender and loving. Inside of you is all of the collective Wisdom and Light of your grandmothers and great grandmothers of generations past and even a bit from your own mother. May you open your heart and your mind to this Wisdom and Strength to receive and draw from it freely. May you also know that the answers to your questions simply lie as deeply as your own heart.

Yes, that's correct my princess, your own heart. For in that beautiful and loving heart of yours is your own Wisdom. Your own Light. Your own Strength. Stuff that you have not even yet begun to tap into. Hone and sharpen it and then trust it, for it is the Wisdom of the Divine. The Divine of which you were created from. The Spark of Light that spoke you into existence. That Spark of Light that shines brightly through your eyes and radiates from your soul.

May you grow deeper into the Woman of Wisdom you have always been. May you grow deeper into the Woman of Strength you are becoming and may you grow into the Woman of Valor you were created to be.

May you always be a help meet to your beloved, a support to him and the wind beneath his wings. May you always be a Home to him and his Crown of Glory. May your words always build him up and provide strength and wisdom for him. And may your great love for him grow and give you the courage, wisdom and strength to say the difficult yet needful things.

May you and your beloved walk in Light and Love together always. May you always be a comfort for each other and provide strength for each other. May you both be the one to lift the other up and to champion the other on. May you both provide shelter for each other and be a safe haven for each other. May you both always know that no matter what may happen in this life of variables that the one thing that always remains steadfast and firm is the deep love and respect that you have one for the other. May you both create a home of Love, knowing that no matter the edifice that you may dwell in, your true home lies within each other's hearts.

May you both have excellent health, success, prosperity, joy and long life.

May you both always feel and know the presence of the Shechina and may Her wings be ever over you both providing protection and love all the days of your lives.

And may you also know, my beautiful daughter, that more than this meager offering of words can express, I love you and I am so very proud of the woman you are.

My daughter, you are my daughter. Which means you carry bits of me , good and bad with you. May you keep the good, learn from the bad and always know that most of all you carry my heart, my love and my prayers with you.

May Hashem bless you and guard you.
May Hashem shine His countenance upon you and be gracious to you.
May Hashem turn His countenance toward you and grant you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

Walk in Peace. Walk in Light. Walk in Spirit. Walk in Respect. Walk in Love.

Amen, ve Amen.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for you comment! I look forward to reading it! Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Look

Happy New Year to all my family, friends and random readers! I hope that 2013 has been gentler to you than it has been to me, although, in spite of the tumult around me, I am faring well. I will get into a bit more detail in later posts. Suffice it to say I am living a bit of a country song right now, but since I am a fan of country music, I know that as long as I keep a hopping fiddle tune in my head and a dance in my step, I'll be golden. As you can see, I changed the picture in the header. For years I have been wanting the idyllic cottage/cabin/farmhouse somewhere in some woods. It doesn't seem like that is going to happen all too soon and so I have decided to put up a picture of my village, the place I serve. Photo By:  Jarrod Bruner                                                 There you have it folks the Philly skyline in Winter. Ain't she a beaut? My city. Every morning when I get off the train, I just get so dang happy just being there. There is an excite

Herbal Ally: Yarrow

Yarrow is a dear, dear friend of mine. I discovered this lovely plant on a trip to Salem, Mass. several years ago. At the time it was mostly a lot of folklore and stories, and the more I read about Yarrow, the more intrigued I was. Yarrow has a reputation for being the "Witches Herb" and I have no issues with that, considering I think 'witch' is a term that was thrown around haphazardly at any woman who was skilled in herbs, midwifery and healing. Let's just say the 'misogynistic religious right' was quite intimidated, with the herbwifes and midwives who came before us. I myself can accept the fact that if I was currently in those times, I'd have been burnt at the stake several times over by now. :::sheesh:: Yarrow is an amazing herb. Just being in her presence relaxes and calms the mind. Her gentle scent is very soothing. I personally love to pet the flowers and enjoy how each tiny flower feels of my hand. Spending time with a plant is truly the best

Crossing the Narrow Bridge--Together

For the past nine years I have wanted to learn Breslov Chasidut with someone, anyone, near my home. As there is no vibrant Breslov community here I was pretty much tough outta luck. I continued on my not so merry way, and occasionally I would meet up with someone who would be willing to learn a little with me. I must say, those times were like a small oasis to me and I was most grateful for them but they lasted only weeks, if I was lucky. By nobody's fault the learning simply fizzled out. Well, perhaps it was someone's fault. Maybe even mine. Perhaps I just wasn't ready. Perhaps I was not committed to learning with others and sharing that learning. Perhaps I simply did not want it enough then, because this past summer I have enjoyed the sweetness of learning with a group of ladies that have become such a precious time in my week and particularly of my shabbat. It all started when I met one lady at shul (synagogue). Now allow me to preface this with just a little someth